Announcing the Innovators Showcase Startup Competition at Billboard FutureSound - -
Discover tomorrow’s innovators and disruptors, today.
Billboard is now accepting submissions for the Innovators Showcase competition, taking place at this year's FutureSound conference on November 15 – 16 in San Francisco.
Interested digital music startups will have the opportunity to pitch their company or product to a panel of judges on stage during the conference, with one being named the winner at the conclusion of the event. All applicants will enjoy various promotional and dealmaking benefits in return for their participation and ensuring their idea gets noticed by the label executives, managers, publishers, artists, developers and investors attending the FutureSound conference and beyond.
Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the application form here: HERE
- Every company that applies will be listed in both print and online Billboard properties promoting the contest.
- A panel of judges (to be announced later) will select five finalists to present before them on stage during the event. Each finalist will receive a free display table in the conference exhibit area and mention in a pre-event press release.
- Any applicant not selected as a finalist, but who registers for the conference, will have the opportunity to host a demo table in a special “Innovators Showcase” section of the exhibit area, on a first-come, first-served, rotating basis.
- The winning company will receive coverage in Billboard magazine, a one-year subscription to Billboard, and the potential for additional prizes as defined going forward.
Eligible startups must be pre-revenue, with a working demo or prototype to present that is in some fashion directed at the music industry—be that fans, artists, or insiders.
Our goal is to help tomorrow’s innovators get the attention and traction they need to succeed in this highly competitive space, while also giving our attendees a glimpse at what’s next in the ever-evolving digital music space.
Submission deadline is October 12, 2012. Finalists will be notified on October 19, 2012.
Innovators Showcase Judges:
-Larry Marcus, Walden VC
-David Kusak, Digital Cowboys
-Brian Zisk, SFMusicTech
-YiPing Ho, WMG